Sunday 30 May 2010

getting ahead of myself?

On the 14th of May I set out on another one of my adventures to Bonn. Of course to see the Wardzala-Panda and everyone else that I possibly could in Bonn. Always a fun time had and I also went to see Kick Ass which I absolutely loved very funny and very well filmed. Right now that seems like a life time ago.

On 21st of May set out for Hamburg for a weekend of fun and well the perfect excuse to be a tourist. What I did for 3 months in Hamburg really I will never know. There was so much more of it that I saw this time. On the first day we did lots of walking around and walked from the Reeperbahn to Hauptbahnhof. Nice big walk and got to see all of the sights around the docks, saw lots of boats, the weather was nice so we could sit outside. On the Saturday we went to miniature world which was awesome. ALOT of people were there though but it was well worth seeing the mini worlds that these people had created - I think my cousin David would have really liked the exhibition. Then in the evening we went to the Planetarium to watch 'the Cosmic Wall'. OH HOLY COW IT WAS AMAZING. Sitting back watching the images and the stars while lazers are going off and pyrotechnics as the music from 'the Wall' comes blasting out. The music was loud and the show was fantastic. It was just a shame we missed The Dark Side of the Moon the night before which also would have been amazing. If anyone is in Hamburg over the next few months and gets the chance to go to this then seriously go it was AMAZING.

Sunday we went to visit sister Kerstin and the girlies in Ohlsdorf. I had woken up with a stomach ache and thought oh maybe perhaps a little bit of food poisoning. I tried to ignore the pain and also asked my sister for some pain killers but the pain kept getting worse. We had a lovely afternoon in the garden playing on the swing and so did the girls playing with everything. Then we headed back to our hotel near the Reeperbahn. I was still in pain. I was in bed by 7pm and still in pain.

5am not improvement on the pain situation it was time to go to hospital. I signed in and then about 20 minutes later I had a drip in my arm. They had taken my blood samples etc everything else they needed.

I had to wait 3 hours for an ultrasound scan to inform me that I had gallstones in my gallbladder and that they would have to be removed, potentially on the same day. Up I was taken to a ward and I had to sign all of these different forms etc. Again they kept an eye on me but I had to wait until the Wednesday before they finally operated on me. They sent me to sleep and when I woke up I felt full of energy as I weirdly always do after anaesthetic but then the pain set in. I lay in bed for nearly a day and when I tried to get up oh my god the pain was unbelievable. It felt like my stomach was going to fall out or off from my body. Have been moving more everyday but everything is so strenuous even eating. Mum arrived on Wednesday evening shortly after Thomas had left to go back to Bonn. His journey was so long but I thank GOD that he stayed with me because I was terrified. mum asked the Doctors about how everything was now they had removed the gallstones but at that point I did not know they had also taken my gall bladder out. Every woman in our family (on both sides) has had the same problem so have now joined the club. If I ever have a daughter she will be stripped of her gallbladder from birth.

Drove back from Hamburg yesterday in a car and mum has to drive all the way to flippin Magdeburg to bring it back. Thankfully Stendal Kerstin has gone with her and so can help her. I just want to say a big thank you to every one; Thomas, The Heims, Dottie, Doctor Elena and Mr Bernhard for helping me on the way to recovery - hopefully now I won't be such a pain in the backside and will not be getting ill so much!

Love to you all
Steffi x

No comments:

Post a Comment